Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jennee's card

So below is a card I made for Jennee, one of my Matron of honors, and I wanted to tell everyone about it and her. No worries I sent one to Misty my other Matron of honor but I will talk about her a little later. So card below I designed using shutterfly and some pics from a wedding we were at this past summer and then the saying I found on a wedding blog website. I wish I would have found it earlier and that this was how I asked her to be a part of my big day. Instead I asked her over the phone and I am not sure if I even asked her. I think it went more like this.

ME: "Friend (Jennee), you know you are one of my matron's of honor right?"

JENNEE: "YES, Friend and I would love too"

I don't think that is asking but more or less stating. I think that is what happens when you have been friends with someone for 25 years. So I am going to tell you a little about her and our friendship.

Jennee has been a friend since the first day of Kindergarten. We met on the school bus and have been friends ever since. We were probably two of the most unusual friends except we were both tomboys through our younger years. Jennee has been a friend who I can always count on through the years. She is always there to listen, lean on, or just to share a laugh with. We have been separated for the past ten or so years by about 1300 miles, but I think that has made our friendship even stronger. We often exchange random phone calls during the week just to say hi or wish the other person a Happy Tuesday. I had the honor to stand up for Jennee on her wedding and am super happy that she will be standing next to me on my big day. I wouldn't want it any other way. So this post is ode to Jennee or Matron of Honor number 1.

The inside of the card says:

Will you be my Matron of Honor? Will you share my special day with me?
Will you help me plan my wedding? Will you try on dresses at shop that don't fit
and pretend they look nice? Will you dance the night away with me? Will
you smile endlessly for pictures? Will you help me from tripping on the dance floor?
Lastly will you hold my dress when I pee?

Classic Navy 5x7 folded card
Create personalized greeting cards and invitations by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment