Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Matron of Honor #2... Misty

I wrote about my first matron of honor (Jennee) and wanted to write about my other girls as well during this whole wedding planning process. So here I am thinking about what I accomplished today and figure why not write about the other matron of honor. She is just as close to me as my first matron of honor and she is also pretty much a part of the Lermon family (she attends more Lermon family gatherings than I do).

So where to start... Well Misty is all of five foot one inch and can pack twice that in a cross check or personality. We became friends in high school, mainly cause she thought she was way to cool to be my friend before high school, and have basically been good friends ever since. Just thinking back to our old high - school days makes me want to visit her mom's daycare and feed a bunch of 4 year olds a load of silly stories. Misty and I shocked our parents when we were fresh out of our first year of college by traveling to Europe for 3 weeks. This probably doesn't sound all that shocking to some, but you have to remember we grew up in towns without stop lights, more than one main street, and the only form of public transportation is the school bus. So off we were to Europe with our first stop being Ireland where we would stay with my family whom I had only met a few of and we were getting picked up by someone neither of us knew. Thank god my cousin looked like my Dad and we left the airport with the right guy. After Ireland we were off on our own for several weeks on mainland Europe. We had to figure out how to read train schedules and how to use subways. We seemed to manage with only a few issues and made it to our third planned stop Denmark where we stayed with a good friend and his family. We some how made it through Europe without getting lost, beating each other up, and having a great time.

Misty, also has one other thing to thank me for and this is a big one. She met her now husband because I dragged her along to hangout with me and a couple of friends. Yep you are welcome.

Misty is one of those friends that is always there to listen, lend an ear, and always reminds me to the fun in everything that surrounds me. She is a teacher and runs an educational program and after school program. She has two awesome little kids that keep her and her husband, Dave, busy. Her daughter, Harper, is actually going to be our flower girl (aka Princess for a day).

So what made me think of Misty today. Well cause I put in the mail 2 books for her and a magazine for her son, Cohyn. So I sent her a text and her reply was "you are the greatest". Hearing your friends, who have always been there, say that makes me feel even better. It is nice to know that 1300 miles away I have this amazing friend and thank to technology we can talk every day and sometimes we do.

So here is to good friends, who have been planning my wedding a year before I was even engaged, and are going to stand next to me on my big day.





No comments:

Post a Comment