Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Flower Girl Sign

My Flower Girl, Harper Rose, is quite the little girl. I saw on marthastewart.com about having young children holding signs at a wedding and decided this would be perfect for Harper instead of having a her carry a flower basket. I found a light saber like toy in the clearance bin at the grocery store. The batteries were dead but for a $1 I couldn't help but grab it. This past weekend my friend Jess and Irena came up to help me with several projects. One of the projects we started to tackle was the sign. I wrapped the bottom of the light saber toy with white satin material after changing the batteries of course. I then tackled making the sign. I cut foam poster board in the shape of a pennant and added white letters I cut out of poster board to spell out YAY...It isn't finished yet but I am happy with the progress well minus the fact on one of the pennant I put the letters YAY upside down.



That is me releazing my epic failure. I am going to fix it this week by getting another posterboard but this time I will make sure to write the letters correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment