Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fate, Coincidence, or is the Universe telling me something

I have been in many weddings. Well 3 to be exact and I had to buy a different dress for each of them and I didn't mind, but part of me always wanted to be able to wear those dresses again. The last wedding I was in my friend Jennee let each bridesmaid pick our own style dress, while she picked the designer, fabric, and color. I loved it. I could get a dress I wanted and would potentially wear again. So now almost 2 years later I wanted to do something similar and had initially planned on it. I would let my maids go to David's Bridal and pick out the dress they wanted to wear as long as it was short or knee length and in Navy/Marine I would be happy.

Then, through all my wedding blog reading I came across a bride who had her maids wear convertible dresses. That got me a thinking. I had purchased a convertible dress a year ago from Victoria's Secret and I LOVE it. I was able to wear it to 3 weddings and I wore it in 4 different styles. Yep at one wedding I even wore it two different ways. So if you have no clue as to what I am talking about you can check out this (http://www.dessy.com/accessories/twist-wrap-sample-on-loan-short/). There are so many ways you wear this dress. I think there is probably over 100, though I am sure that all of them wouldn't look good on me but I do have some favorite styles.

Here is a pic of me wearing mine at a wedding August.



So that got me thinking, why didn't I think about convertible dresses. The ladies would all have the same dress and same material, but they could wear it however they feel. The material is stretchy, flows, and is often made with some sort of jersey material so it is comfy as well. This dress is definitely re-wearable. I got so excited about it so on went my search to find this dress. I started looking and I found a few designers that make it. I called a bridal shop in Minnesota to see if they carry that dress, the lady said 'Nope, and they couldn't get a sample.' That didn't discourage me I kept looking and looking. These dresses are super simple but range in price from $100 - $200+ depending on where you order from and what not. I started to scour the wedding blogs some more and found a girl who used and etsy seller (http://www.etsy.com/listing/53886910/infinity-dress-in-hundreds-of-color). If you don't know etsy.com you should check it out. It is my new other obsession though I haven't purchased anything from there. So I checked out this seller and other sellers on etsy who make this style, but I liked her dresses and she had good reviews form several other bride bloggers and on etsy. So I sent her an email asking about price and fabric options. She is going to send me several fabrics she has in stock and her price was actually pretty reasonable, then I sat and had about a 1000s questions run through my head.

What if the dresses didn't look good? What if they didn't come or everyone hates their dress? Would this be too casual for a fall wedding? Am I sure about ordering a dress that I can't have people try on or even see it before it is purchased?

After several emails back and forth with some of the maids and many phone calls I think this is the way I am going. I left it at that and figured I could stew on it some more during the week. Then today in my inbox was an email from Target saying come look at our new stuff. So I went to their website and what did I see. The same style convertible dress and it was a whole lot cheaper than what the etsy seller had but they didn't have navy, but I ordered one still figuring I could always return it.

So here I am thinking I need to listen to the dress angels. I have a feeling that all signs are pointing to the convertible dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment