Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

How it all started

Ok, it is about time I get around to writing the blog I was asked for so long ago by Kristine. She wanted pics of the ring and already knew how Matt asked but I figured I would put it all together.

So leading up to Christmas, Matt and I had been busy with Holiday parties, Road races, friendly gatherings, my birthday, and throw Christmas shopping in there along with working our days were quite busy. With Christmas falling on Saturday I had Christmas Eve off and we were busy finishing up wrapping presents then visiting some of his family to deliver Christmas gifts. We had planned to open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve after we ate dinner. So after the dishes were done we sat down and handed out presents. Trying to keep with the Lermon family tradition on opening presents, we opened them one by one. We both did pretty good picking out presents for each other and spent the next two hours lounging and playing with our new toys. Around 11 pm I was getting pretty tired (also was chatting with Kristine via gchat) and decided to get ready for bed, Matt was in the bathroom so I decided to take Neely out quick. While heading back to the house I see Matt at the mailbox.

I holler " I already got the mail!"
Matt responds "WHAT?"

I repeat but this time louder thinking he didn't hear me. He waves me off and walks in the house with me following about 5 steps behind him. As I am taking off my boots, he hand me a card and I sit down and open it. I read the card and he hands me another card, I figured this one was from Neely and I was correct except it had a notecard in it with a clue. I read the clue and figure out it is sending me to the alarm clock so I head into the bedroom. I didn't find a clue and head back to the living room where Matt tells me to go back and look again this time picking up the alarm clock. I head back in the room and there is another clue and this one is sending me back outside to the mailbox. I grumble that I was already outside and put my boots and coat back on. The next clue is confusing me and with some help from Matt I locate it in a DVD case. The last clue also through me for a loop and with Matt's help I figure out it is sending me back outside. Errrrgh I was just outside! So here I am thinking, whatever Matt has me fetching better be good.

Note he wrapped some of my presents with packing tape and placed them in several boxes and all that I want to do is go to bed. So I head out and find a DVD sitting on the seat of his truck. I pick up the DVD and head back into the house to find Matt sitting on the couch waiting for me to return in the house with the DVD. I put the DVD in and find a movie that he put together with pictures of us through the past couple years and Neely to music. At the end he wrote "Will you marry me?" I almost missed it cause I had a few tears flowing and was sort of clueless to what was going on and kept turning away from the tv. Everyone should cut me some slack on this cause I was tired and ready to go to bed and I wasn't putting any of this together.

So obviously I said "YES!" otherwise we wouldn't be getting married, but that is the story. He was going to ask me on Christmas Day morning but decided to do it Christmas Eve night and that is why he was in the bathroom so long. Guess he was nervous.






The top picture is me trying to get creative, but it didn't really come out so the second two are of it on my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment