Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Late Happy Birthday to one of my maids....

This past Friday one of my Bridesmaids had a birthday. I meant to write this post on her birthday, but completely forgot. That doesn't mean I forgot her birthday, I just forgot to write the post. My bridesmaid and good friend Irena just turned 29 again.

When I started this blog, I knew most of my bridal party wouldn't really know each other too well, if they had met at all so I wanted to write a post about each one of them and what they sort of meant to me. I started with my two maid of honors and am now moving onto the rest of my bridal party.

Irena is this crazy, quiet friend who currently resides on the Cape, but just like me she is what the Cape would call a wash ashore. She grew up in Ohio and spent time in Fargo and Minnesota after college doing America Corps. Fast forward a few years she ends up working for the State of Massachusetts as a state beach inspector and working right next to me. I remembered being so excited when I first met her. Oh how it was nice to have another mid-western in my office to possibly hangout with. I think I knew from the start we were going to be good friends, though Irena being her shy self was very reluctant to hangout with me. After pestering and some probably coercion she finally started to hangout with me. It didn't take long until before we were good friends. You see Irena is one of those friends who will drop everything if she knows you need help. I was in bed sick for several days with a fever and Irena drove ~ 40 miles to pick me up and take me to the hospital and then home with her. She then spent the next couple days nursing me back to health. That is just one of the many awesome things Irena has done for me. Irena has also taken me on some adventures and if she had her way we would have gone on many more. She is what I call "Family Fun" meaning she loves to pick up the local newspaper and scour for fun free or low costing family things to do around Cape, Boston, Providence, or where ever. I think the only place I have ever dragged Irena is to the beach. Yes you read that right, the state beach inspector doesn't like to go to the beach to lounge in the sun, but she has humored me on a couple occasions.

So, Irena this post is to you. I hope you know how great of a friend you are and that I am still searching for a puffy pink dress for you to wear at the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment